It was a pleasure to welcome all our students back after the long summer vacation in the morning assembly which was lead by the newly constituted Activity Committee headed by Ms. Harinder Kaur and her team. The assembly started with a Hindi song sung by the school choir. This was followed by :
- thought for the day – “reject everything as poison which makes you weaker physically, emotionally and intellectually”
- word of the day – “reprimand”
- announcement of major news headlines of the day
- student impromptu topic – “Discipline” which the Principal spoke on for 2 minutes
Everyday a new thought and word for the day will be shared with students and the meaning explained to help students reflect on the message and enhance their vocabulary.
News headlines will alert and generate global awareness.
Ms. Madhulika Agarwal, Coordinator Sr. Secondary Section, on behalf of the school fraternity welcomed and introduced Dr. Subhash Kumar, Principal and Master Avinash, senior student presented a bouquet.
The Principal welcomed all students and in response to the impromptu topic “Discipline” conveyed that there are two types of discipline
- self discipline : a natural discipline which is a reflection of how one has conditioned his/herself to in various areas such as conduct, behaviour, respect, punctuality, etc.
- imposed discipline : a discipline that is followed by command. Example in the military when given orders to fire, whether s/he like to kill or not, s/he has to fire.
The Principal also emphasized on communication skills and announced that teachers would get an opportunity to talk once a week on any general awareness or value based topic asked by the Master of the ceremony or student. The English language will be used judiciously over the campus and teachers will lead the way.
The assembly closed with everyone enthusiastically singing the school song.