What are Political Parties?
A political party is an organized group of people who have the same ideology, or who otherwise have the same political positions, and who field candidates for elections, in an attempt to get them elected and thereby implement the party’s agenda.
Components of political parties:-
(I) The leader
(II) The active members
(III) The followers
Importance of Politics:-
When people work to influence the decisions made by groups; often times it involves collective action (multiple groups working together), and is competitive.
This system is important for giving government’s legitimacy, and achieving the responsibilities of government.
Interesting Facts on Politics:-
- The word “politics” first appeared in English around 1460 as the title of a book by Aristotle.
- By the 16th century, ‘politics’ referred to the administration and organisation of the state.
- The word ‘politics’ comes from the Greek ‘politika’ meaning ‘relating to public life’.
- Bolivia probably has the highest rate of political turnover with almost 200 governments since 1825.
- Italy has had more than 50 governments and more than 20 Prime Ministers since 1945.
- Elections in India is more of like any other festival as the spirit of the supporters are unleashed in the public